16.9.08

KIPP CHARTER SCHOOL..PHILADELPHIA, PA.

The volunteer mural I did for the school ran a little longer than I thought...took two days instead of one.
Here's a couple of shots of it. I like the graphic simplicity of the silhouette mural.
The idea behind the mural was to show students helping each other along the path while climbing that mountain to get to college. The hot air balloons will carry the names of 'contributors' to the school.....the height of the balloons will represent the amount of the contribution.

Tomorrow I begin the Lake Como Mural. I got this job, by the way, because I was registered on findamuralist.com. I confess I was a bit angry at them last week because they accidentally double billed me.......but it was an accident, and they are quick to help and correct things.

No comments:

Post a Comment