23.9.08

Newest Project-Frankford High School

This is the project for this week....replacing this mural.
This is the student support center. I'm not sure how long this mural has been there.
The challenge for this project is all the things that are along this wall, have to stay in this location.
We decided the room needed to be brightened up a bit. The dark blue is on all the walls and really has an oppressive feel when you enter the room.........not really conducive with inspiring young men and ladies.
This is my sketch for the wall.
I wanted to lighten things up and bring a sense of openness but also needed to consider all the cabinets and desks that need to be here......no sense in doing a bunch of pretty work that no one would see. The stone blocks will have inspirational sayings and career choices 'carved' into them.....the students are pointing to some and contemplating their futures.
Yesterday was spent priming the wall. Not sure what the previous artist used, but after three coats I'm still getting images bleeding through. I'll have to address that today. I also got a lot of the design sketched in and will begin painting today.

No comments:

Post a Comment