20.10.08

To catch up

No, I haven't been lounging poolside...lol.
So here's a series of pictures of the progress. I confess I've been spending as much time online looking for underwater pictures taken in fresh water as I have painting(resource pictures are always helpful), but it seems more people spend time diving or photographing in ocean waters than in fresh water, so its been a tedious process so far.
There's no rhyme or reason to how I'm doing this, I'm really just feeling my way around and experimenting. You can see that I jump from plants to water to fish and back again. This is a point that I always try to make with new artists....experiment and try new things without fear......or as they say......if you have fear?.....do it anyway.
There will be a lot more fish and a lot more plant life. Its a learning experience for me, and I love it. Let me also mention that the colors of the water are NOT showing 'true' in these pictures. The room I'm working in does not have as much natural light as I'd like.I spent most of today just working on the koi fish(still more to do), and I'm anxious to start the other fishes and underwater life.There is still three feet of canvas rolled at the bottom that will be the 'lake' bottom. Once I finish the underwater section I will move up to start the sunset sky and landscape (but I'll be spending a few more days on this part :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment