5.10.08

Today will be spent working on a sketch for a second mural for the Florida job, while also looking for more reference photos for the spa mural. I'd like to find some close up photos of the 'Arc' so my detail work is more accurate and I'd also like to find some photos that pay more attention to the architecture of the buildings along the Champs Elysees....the rooftops and iron work especially.
I spent just a few hours on the spa mural yesterday realizing I wanted to get better reference pictures before continuing.
I'm also going to study up a bit on perspective. I'm looking at the long blue 'sign' that I've attached to the building on the right and can see that it is 'off'. Because it protrudes from the building, it is going to have a different vanishing point. I could just continue to adjust it by eye until it feels right, but I suspect it would be a lot quicker and more accurate if I knew where its VP was. Obviously I don't have enough wall space to plot this out, but I do remember seeing instruction on how to do it in a situation like this......just gotta remember where.

No comments:

Post a Comment