27.12.08

What a loooong boring day!

I've been waiting here all day because I was told a deposit check was overnighted to me yesterday so that I could prepare to return to Florida to do some more work. It is now 3pm and no sign of a check.
One thing I DO NOT do well, is wait.
While waiting...tap, tap, tap, tap....I spent most of the day picking apart photos of some of my past mural projects. I'm considering adding children's growth charts to my list of services offered. I happened onto a site that offered them and as usual I found the designs pretty typical of whats offered to young children......everything turned into exaggerated cartoons of reality. So I started playing with little snippets of past work.
I thought these would look pretty cute trimmed with a border as growth charts. I was thinking of doing them all hand painted rather than prints, as a less expensive but still special alternative to hand painted murals (in this tightening economy). The average size seems to be about 10-12 inches wide by about 40 inches in height and what I'm assuming were prints on canvas were being priced at about $40-$50. So I'm thinking they would be relatively quick to make, but being hand painted could fetch a bit more money, but not break somebodies bank.
I'll work on an ad to place here and see how they do.

No comments:

Post a Comment