26.1.09

Big Disappointment

Well, I found out today that they hung the elevator mural on a wall outside of the elevator. It was a big disappointment for me.
True, it will probably be seen by more people now, but its a shame it couldn't have been worked out (for the elevator shaft). Lesson....always insist on seeing the specs for the project and always take your own measurements. They'll be framing it in bamboo. How bout that chandelier? Crazy uh?
So now they are looking for something else to put in the elevator shaft. I suggested having a print made from maybe one of Frank Mckinney's photos taken on trips to Southeast Asia, maybe have it printed in a sepia tone....found a few large format printing companies online that I passed on to them. I also recommended a company, Creative Art Technology that makes large scale prints using paint (not ink) if they wanted to just make a copy of the original mural and have it sized so that more of the artwork would be visible within the confines of the elevator cabs framed glass walls........but the original was hung already so that was not an option.
Oh well, gotta let it go.
Tomorrow I go finish up at the restaurant and head home hoping the weather isn't too bad on the drive up......heard some noise about snow, and its been a long time since I've driven in icy conditions.

No comments:

Post a Comment