9.1.09

Elevator Mural Repair

Not too bad....a couple of hours to match up the bit in the corner, and work on the ceiling....toning it down a little, it was just too fussy for such a small space.
You can see that I added some more clouds, especially in the corner to help conceal the seam from the added piece of canvas (the main piece had shrunk). I also extended the lily pads up and into the scene, again to help conceal the seam. Maybe should have brought more over into the side panel?
I really love the way the bamboo wainscot looks with the mural. I think they're going to clear coat it, and that will really bring out the tones in the wood to match the mural.
This afternoon I will spend time gathering inspiration pictures for the Hawaiian mural I'm working on tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment