18.2.09

Back to work

I'm back to work on the canvas mats.This is the first for the pet food mats. It measures 12"x 19". This was taken before the polyurethane was applied (because of glare) so the colors are actually much brighter (with the poly) than you see here.
Friday I'm going to go meet a photographer who had an ad on Craigslist offering printing services (on canvas or paper).......he can print 44"x 40' long (if you'd need that). This is him...
Mr. Bruce Kravetz. This photo was borrowed from KaliDurga's flickr site. You must visit Bruce's website and read his history, and check out his insect photos...they are gorgeous! They reminded me of dancers or actors in the theater....check em out here. I'm looking forward to meeting him. I'm also hoping to learn more about how to take photos of my work that would allow them to be enlarged, my eyes kind of glaze over when people start talking pixels etc. I'm not going to abandon the 'paint' printing process that I've used in the past, but I'd like an alternative for pieces that don't require a fine art presentation. Matter of fact I'm still waiting for the results of my latest painted print of this:
I was hoping to hear something by now....how it turned out?.....when to expect it? Where are ya Joe?
Ok...I guess there's still enough time left in the day to crank out another mat........or?....... check out the pages of a book I just got in the mail.
I was inspired by a ring I bought at a thrift shop a couple of days ago....remember spoon rings?
I haven't worn jewelry in years because of my work, but I fell in love with this ring. It looks as though it were made from a baby spoon or maybe a salt spoon, it's very delicate, I wear it on my pinkie. I did some looking online and apparently these rings are still popular, there were a lot of jewelry sites for artists making them.
Anyway, I was inspired by it to look into new creative things to try and what I liked about this book is that it starts you out with the basics, and no soldering, all cold-connecting. I don't want to invest in too much equipment knowing my propensity to not always stick with something for too long.
Ahhh.......its snowing :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment