20.2.09

I met with the photographer today to talk about having him print a copy of one of my murals onto canvas.....nice guy, very helpful.
Problem is that I can't get them as large as I wanted because they're old photos from before I had a digital camera or even knew anything about shooting photos that you're going to want to enlarge.
But I gave him this image and with a little tweaking he's going to print it at about 36"x 42 or 45". Some others I'll be able to have printed a little larger (up to 44" wide).
You can see here that my idea is to offer customers personalized prints on canvas as a mini mural. Still working on ideas for that....maybe put the child's name on the barn, or on the tractor? I'm not crazy about it the way I have it now. I'm anxious to see how this turns/prints out. Its hard having to spend money to see if something will work, but I won't offer something for sale until I know the quality is good.
I'm also looking at offering this option,
laminated prints that you adhere to the wall just with double stick tape.....a more affordable alternative (but still kind of cool) for folks during these trying times.
Remember this guy :-)? He's from the hospital mural I did last summer. How cute is that!
Even though moneys tight, you still want your kids room to feel special, and I think these are fun for kids rooms. This company offers the ability to use your own artwork with their window designs. You can get these in a matte or glossy finish......I think I'd prefer the matte. The top design is offered at 36"x 42", the porthole 20"x 20". Again, even though they give you the ability to see a (resolution) snippet of how the mural will print out, its still hard to really see how it will look.....seems the little snippets are never of an area that I'd want to be sure is turning out well.............I'll have to order one before I can offer them.
I also heard from the 'paint' printing guy in Florida.......the paints drying.

No comments:

Post a Comment