3.3.09

No Focus

I'm having trouble staying focused on anything right now. I still haven't received the 'painted' print I had done in Florida, so I can't move forward with promoting that.
I've decided because of the waiting and the lack of communication from the printer that using him for this project is not going to work. If I am able to sell prints of this piece, I want assurance that my orders are delivered in a timely matter. I will switch to archival ink prints on canvas, and have them done locally. When the print does arrive I have a wall that I want to attach it to, and below is the way I will frame it out....similar to this photo.
I'm rethinking the childrens prints I want to do...changing the size to a bit larger, and with less matting, and I'm waiting for the canvas to arrive so I can work on those. I also want to re-photograph them in bright colorful frames....the black just doesn't work.
Can you tell .......... I'm not very good at waiting.
I did receive the porthole window with my artwork in it,
and it is cute, but decided there isn't much room for a mark up. With shipping it was $52. and personally I wouldn't pay more than that for a laminated print, it has the same feel as those laminated place mats, so I'm going to let that idea go. You can see I also used the porthole idea to order some 2.5" magnets, too cute. After ordering these, I found another place to order from that was almost half the price!!.... an Etsy shop no less! So if you're thinking about magnets check em out. O, and if you know of an even cheaper place....please let me know.
Speaking of magnets, I found some really clever, funny ones on this site. by Anne Taintor.
Think I'll go and try to reach the Florida printer again...sigh.

No comments:

Post a Comment