17.4.09

It took a few conversations to work out the details, but today I'm beginning a farm mural for a new client. The mural will be going in a play area in a private home. The client has asked me to incorporate the old family farm into the scene. These are some of the images she sent me.

This is a sketch I had prepared for her before I received a third building that needs to go in, and it's also minus all the animals that will be added. She requested the middle building be red.
After more discussion she also decided that she wanted this 'window' scene to appear as though you were standing in a barn looking out and she wanted it to be a substantial size (5.5' wide). It was decided a stable door (or dutch door) would work well, so now the pig will be replaced with a rooster sitting on the lower half of the door, since the pig would not be tall enough to be looking into a half opened door. Five and a half feet felt too wide for a single door, so I'll be doing a double dutch door. Part of this will be painted on canvas (the scene) and once I installed it the surrounding wall will be painted to look like barn wood walls and I will add the open top doors.
I sketched the door opening last night (sorry, hard to see).....the green tape on the sides represent where the opened doors will be...so partially on canvas and partially on the wall.
I was also commissioned to do a child's portrait yesterday from a previous client in Atlanta.
Isn't he adorable. I'm looking forward to starting this.

No comments:

Post a Comment