21.7.09

A few more tweaks til done

Just a few more little touches to do and this one will be finished. I just want to point out that I lowered the horizon line in this work on purpose, an example of one of the times you might want to do this. I wanted this to be more kid friendly and was more interested in how they would view the mural.
They decided to hang swinging doors in the arched entrance to the 'playhouse'...the kind you see on saloons in old westerns :-)....and I have them with me to do a distressed, weathered, louvered treatment on them and will take them back later this week and add a few more elements to the mural work while I'm there. The archway is now the entrance to the 'Showers'.Here are the two sketches I had given them when bidding on this job. Part of their request was to have the arched opening be the entrance to the shack, with the windows being part of the structure ...... I couldn't figure out how to do that without turning that whole side wall into a building and I didn't want to do that so I went a different route and created a trompe l'oeil door to the 'shack'. Turned out they didn't want that wall to the right painted, so that was the first thing that altered the design, but they wanted to see more beach/water, so the left side of the shack changed from foliage/vines to more beach. And I had given them the option of distressed wood or bamboo, and they choose bamboo, so that was another change. They didn't want the 'sign' to go all the way up to the ceiling, and I confess to borrowing heavily for the new design. There was a last minute request for a waterfall, so that had to be squeezed in there somewhere.
You can see how sometimes things can change when working with your clients. And I have to tell you, this was a charming young couple, blessed with twin girls (God bless em ...lol), and they were a joy to work with.

No comments:

Post a Comment