9.9.09

Sent Off A Sketch and Estimate

I sent the client a sketch according to his description with an embellishment or two. I thought a beautiful trompe l'oeil urn would bring some interest to the work and maybe a bird sitting on the ledge or the rim of the urn. The colors in the sketch are not what would be on the wall. Can you tell my printers about out of ink.
Can't replace it now however, financially things are just not good. Today I actually sold my old wedding ring and a pair of earrings......its bad. Tomorrow I'm meeting with another potential cleaning client. Man, I miss going out to paint everyday. I'm wondering if its time to slash what I charge for mural work. I think of it this way, for example........would I rather clean someones home for $20/hr, or would I rather be painting for $20/hr. I'm not saying $20/hr would be the rate I would choose, but I don't think I should expect to make what I used to make a couple of years ago, no one else is. I don't know..........its a dilemma. I know many artists argue against lowering prices because it will effect what other artists are able to charge, but these are new times, people are just trying to survive, rules change.
I'd love to hear your comments on this.

No comments:

Post a Comment