16.10.09

UNEXPECTED REACTION

Although I had pictured all the girls cut to fit and placed above the urinals, I was not the decision maker, so they are hung where they are as directed by the owner.
The silhouettes were not cut from the boards, instead I painted the wood around them to match the tile.
Only two of the ladies made it to the wall on Wednesday before opening and when I returned on Thursday morning to work on the lady in red, I found out she wasn't going to be hung. Turns out some 'men?' were not pleased with the humor......come on guys......man up!
You can see by the way they were hung that the owner was already fearful that they would be vandalized, so I guess if these two girls bruised the guys egos, the lady in red may not have lasted very long on the wall.
Anyway here's how they look in place.
Notice the lady in green.........no matter where you stand in the bathroom, she follows you.
Actually got my rent and bills paid for the month without the help of friends and celebrated by thrift shopping for furniture. I've been living in this new apartment for two months now with barely any furniture. I was delighted to find a table and four chairs!! Not to worry, I only spent $30. The table at one thrift shop for $15 and the chairs at the Salvation Army Thrift Shop $4 each on sale (50% off).....what fun! You can see I've already started painting the table and the chairs will be painted to match.

No comments:

Post a Comment