3.11.09

Need To Get My Groove Back

I'm going through one of those...'I can't seem to get inspired'... phases. I hate when that happens. I did catch myself feeling a glimmer of excitement though when I found this all wood screen for $15 today that was screaming 'paint me! paint me!'.
This smooth side will absolutely get a mural.
Ignore the Southwestern styled side, I'm going to see if I can't remove those little bits of wood in all the corners, and most likely each of the 12 sections will get a painting....haven't decided on a theme yet. I'm open to suggestions :-) And it will be for sale.
As I was riding through my neighborhood, on my way home, I had to stop and take a picture of this tree. The first time I saw one of these I thought someone was playing a joke. Those tubular things hanging from it can get much larger than the ones here. Its the craziest looking thing.
Its called a sausage tree. The fruits are not edible, the seeds are poisonous.
This is how they start out.
I got three new portrait clients today. This mood of mine better pass quickly.

No comments:

Post a Comment