27.11.09

A Very Sad Day

Watching the news before I went out to clean a house this morning I heard a very upsetting story. Back six years ago when work was going very well, I was able to hook up with a local news anchor, Kelley Dunn from WPTV Channel 5 in West Palm Beach, FL. She was kind enough to have me on the noon news a few times which really helped get me started. She also introduced me to other members of the Channel 5 team. One of those people was Jim Sitton, a camera man/photographer for Channel 5. He and his wife were expecting their first baby.....a girl. They hired me to paint a mural on the nursery closet doors. They were both so excited and totally involved in designing the mural for their daughter. They wanted it a little bit northern and a little bit southern, with a little girl representing their daughter, lots and lots of flowers, the white picket fence........just total girly.Last night during their families Thanksgiving dinner one of the relatives that was invited to the dinner suddenly began shooting, killing 4 family members.....one of which was their daughter Makayla Sitton just six years old asleep in her bed. This is such a sad time. It seems everyday here we have a murder on the news. I just don't get it.......I really don't.

No comments:

Post a Comment