16.12.09

Balancing Act

With the rent being due looming over my head and causing depression, I just had to get out of here today. I went over to my artist friends shop .....the one next to the shop I'd like to get the teaching studio set up in.......she had the key:-) So I went in to daydream, and visualize it all painted with murals and faux. It really is the perfect space and my town of Lake Worth is becoming known as an artist town, making this perfect timing.
The owner of the property just called me and we had a long discussion about what I want to accomplish in there. He first has to deal with the tenant who left but currently holds a lease, so I'll know in a day or two who I have to deal with...him or her.
Anyway, he loved the idea of having us in there and becoming a part of the art scene in the community. As bummed as I am about the rent and my situation, I'm as excited about the future and the studio becoming a big success.
I took a few pictures of the space to show you (its larger than it shows here).
Looking towards the front of the building.........
The mural wall for canvases ......needs new plaster work(or sheet rock) to smooth things out
Looking towards the back of the shop. Through that first doorway is storage area and bathroom.
Can't you just picture marvelous faux on the walls and columns. Out the back door is a patio and the parking lot.
Part of the storage area.

No comments:

Post a Comment