3.12.09

Finally finished that last dog portrait (background requested by client:-), only to get another to do.
I can't complain....nothing else seems to be working out. Looked at a job yesterday and unfortunately it was not a job that I felt could be done with a good outcome. It was an exterior wall that is 'the view' outside two rooms that are side by side and only about 4' away from the sliding doors that open to the area, the narrowest patio I've ever seen. The wall about 8' tall, bright white very rough stucco finish. The client wanted some foliage painted on the wall and although this can be done on a slightly textured surface with good results, this wall was just too rough, there wouldn't have been a smooth line anywhere, leaving a very sloppy look. Had the wall been further away from the house ....maybe....but I doubt it would have helped. I could only suggest that they have the wall smoothed out if they wanted me to work on it. Otherwise hanging some outside artwork/sculptures might be the answer to adding interest....they are art lovers. Very disappointing when I need the money so badly.
The repeat client who a few days ago said they were ready for me?....... it now sounds as though this work is getting pushed into next year.
Sigh..........back to square one.

No comments:

Post a Comment