12.12.09

I KNOW YOU'RE OUT THERE.....

OK people.....I know you're out there. Scroll down the page..........see that box in the left side bar?....the one that says Live Traffic Feed?.......I can see you :-)
Seriously, I'd love some feedback. My back is up against the wall....the rent is due on the 18th, let's see, whats that?.... six days from now, and I don't have it and I have no jobs scheduled between now and then that would bring the money I need. Looks like I may be packing my bags yet again......glad I didn't invest in decorating this place, I hate moving furniture.
When did I move in here?.....July? August?.....what ever. The second month I was here and didn't think I would make the rent, I contacted the landlord and he basically said no problem.......live out your last months rent (part of the security deposit) and be out by the end of the month......he was very understanding.
I've maxed out borrowing from friends so that's not an option.
So anyway.......I'm thinking of opening a teaching studio. Yes...........I know..........how are you going to do that with no money??!
I wouldn't be doing it alone. Yesterday I stopped by a fellow artist's shop.....Jackie is her name. She recreates/paints used furniture and has been in business for 18 years? I used to live over her shop and it was through her that I got started in painting 14 years ago. I noticed that the shop right next to her was vacant.....a nice large space.
As we were talking about our work, and the state of the economy, and how was business going, I started thinking about the shop next door and teaching classes again. Me teaching beginner mural classes, her teaching furniture painting, and finding a faux artist to teach what else?........faux painting, and on occasion bringing in guest teachers. What better vacation than to take a week learning painting techniques in beautiful, warm, sunny Florida.....annnnnnd.....less than a mile from the beach :-)
So thoughts anyone? Class suggestions? Thoughts on pricing? I want this to be a fun learning experience.....whats missing in other classes being offered?

No comments:

Post a Comment