18.12.09

Staying Focused

I'm trying to stay focused on thoughts of the teaching studio. The faux artist I was hoping to bring into the fold did not want to commit to be a member of the core group (but will teach occasionally), and now I'm wondering if a core group is even necessary. Another artist who does want to be involved is too busy to sit down and begin discussions on the development of the studio until after the holidays. I guess since this was my idea, its going to be more important to me. Next week I will spend my time downtown learning about licensing, permits and all that fun stuff nobody likes to deal with.
There's also a city grant available right now for new businesses who rent. The grant is for renovation work and the application process is going to be time consuming and complex, so I'll spend all this free time I have working on that too.
I'll also start working on a brochure and writing up class descriptions, prices etc.
I just posted a very generic ad on Craigslist announcing the opening of a new teaching studio............searching for potential students as well as other artists who may be interested in renting a place where they can teach a class of their own from time to time.....that's open to any creative art, not just painting. The space will also be available for art shows.
NOTE TO CAROLE: I have decided on a name for the studio and although it was not one of your suggestions, you were the only person to offer any.......so you my dear........ may have a 5 day mural class absolutely free anytime in 2010. When I have the schedule together I'll send it off to you....and thank you :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment