24.1.10

Finished Door #2

I finished up door #2 yesterday and started on door #3.
Door #3 is dragging out because I'm using oil based paint on this one. I could see that this door takes a great deal of abuse so I felt oil based paint would hold up to the challenge better. I went in this morning and put coat #2 on it......just a nice royal blue to match other things in the room.
I'll try to get back there tomorrow to add the artwork.......a trompe l'oeil flower box under its window.

Got over to the studio today and started working on painting the floor. Still waiting for the licensing to come through so I can start advertising in earnest.
I'm thinking of having a one day workshop in the studio on making this simple folding screen.
Several years ago I saw an article in a home magazine suggesting you could make a folding screen similar to this one for about $75. I knew it could be done for less, so I decided to try making one, and waa-laa.........I made it for under $30! I ended up making several of them, made some in different styles and finishes and sold them at a local painted furniture shop.
Start a new mural job tomorrow in Jensen Beach. This is the sketch of the project done directly on a photo of the actual wall it will go on.
This is one I can sink my teeth into....I love having the opportunity to do more serious projects....more high end stuff. This one should take a few days :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment