18.1.10

Mural Project For Today

Starting a mural project today at a veterinary hospital....pretty simple projects, the most difficult part was deciding which products to use on an already epoxy painted wall. I consulted with paint store professionals to help me with that.
I'm going to tackle the wall first, the rest of the work will be done on doors. The Dr.'s objective is to soften the view from inside the facility as you are walking done the hallways to the location.
This is the sketch for the wall part of the job. The Dr. thought it looked like a tree (when he requested vines), so I'll be softening the look with more delicate stems/trunks.
The next part of the project is to make three doors disappear. I showed him one sketch for that, although there are three doors. Two will have foliage on them to coordinate with the view out the windows,
and the third door's window view looks into a hallway, this one will be the most challenging.
This is the door that looks onto the hallway. You can see the beating this door has taken.
Today I will start and finish the wall, and prime the doors. I'll be using a new primer today, one that dries very quickly, it was recommended by a BM employee for using over the epoxy ( I'll scuff up the surface first). I'm ok with doing the wall all in one day because it doesn't see any action as far as the dogs having contact with it, but I'm more comfortable still letting the doors cure for a day even though the primer dries quickly. The doors get quite a bit of abuse. I'll get back to the doors on Wednesday. The can's out in my truck or I'd post the name of it here.....later.

No comments:

Post a Comment