13.10.10

I started yesterday with a tiny little mural job in a little boy's bathroom for a client who I had done work for a few years ago. This was the job I did then (when her boy was just a baby)........
and this was yesterdays, escaping fish over the toilet (the idea was the clever mom's, and the baby is now four)...........
Back to the studio, I started working on the leather topped, kidney shaped desk I bought for $15. I got the drawers painted and stained and just have a second coat to do on the body, stain and it'll be done.
And I got my things set aside that I'm taking to the flea market on Saturday (the shop looks so empty now)....
This piece will also be going (but its in my window right now)........
and of course all the stools I made...........
Took the canopy outside too and with the help of Cricket from the shop next store, practiced setting it up. It was tougher than I thought, but several shots of silicon spray later, things went a bit smoother :-) Don't think it'll be something I can do on my own though.......wonder if there are any tricks??
Not the brand I bought but similar design......I'll give this a try :-) Trick seems to be instead of trying to pull the legs open, go inside and push up the center.

What do you think of this chalkboard/clock? I got it at my favorite thrift store for $3. I was attracted to its cleverness. Its not old of course (it wore its Home Goods label proudly on the back), but it just looked like something I could easily replicate and that might be popular...........well, I like it.
Today its back to my favorite thrift shop (its senior day, a 25% discount:-) and then back to the studio to finish up the desk.
I've also still got two small mural jobs to sketch up!!
Did I show you all this upcoming mural job? Its a music shop in my little town of Lake Worth, this is the side of the building that is seen from the main street of traffic....
and with only a budget of $500 I had to come up with an idea that could be done in a day. The original founder of this shop was a sax player, and his son who currently owns/operates the store is a guitar player, so they wanted those elements in the mural......they also have a room full of beautiful pianos so they asked for a keyboard.......the other issue?.......disguise those ugly pipes. Here's the final sketch they chose.......
What could be faster than a silhouette mural! We're still waiting on the cities approval, but I hope to get on this in a couple of weeks.

No comments:

Post a Comment