16.11.10

Delivered a few furniture pieces yesterday that were purchased about a week ago and while I was there I was offered this table for $25......I bought it. Got it back to the studio and started sanding it right away before remembering to photograph it :-)
Nearly finished painting it by the days end.
I'll finish it up today and then start on the chairs that I just remembered I had tucked away in a storage space above my work area months ago. One I had painted and hated immediately.......another one of those MacKenzie-Childs inspired paint jobs and won't show you, but here's what they looked like originally.....
Perfect for this table!
Remember this piece?.......
The leather top was so abused that it needed to be removed. I was originally going to do a mirror mosiac top on it because of the raised trim around the edges, but the mirror that I had was too thick so the table has been sitting in a corner while I decided what to do with it.
Looking at it on Sunday I realized the trim could be removed......duh! .......removed it and filled in all the nail holes from the upholstery tacks, sanded, painted, and now its a sweet white table. I'll lightly distress it today and add a coat of polyacrylic for added protection.

No comments:

Post a Comment