11.12.10

A good day yesterday, I managed to pick up a few pieces at the thrift shop and I was commissioned to do a mural.
This piece I love.....it appears to be whats left of an old hoosier cabinet, lots of missing bits. There are two long narrow slits just under the top that don't show here....for cutting boards or added work space?
It looks as though someone did not quite complete their conversion, but I like that they didn't. I've already scraped off the black paint on the back down to what I believe to be the original pale yellow finish and will leave that intact. I've also removed the green paint on the legs and I've removed and will replace the handles. This would make a great desk, but I rather wish I had a large kitchen to put it in.I was happy to see this original tag still with the piece.....
Also picked up a not so spectacular (yet:-) chest of drawers.........
a small reproduction washstand complete with hideous heart panels on the front doors which were immediately removed....
and this little ugly duckling.......
Oh......and a very cute young persons desk that I gave to the girls next door (they'd been looking for one for a client)
Total spent?...........$35.15
So a few projects to work on and an outdoor mural to do as soon as weather permits.
The projects are on hold for a day or two though because today is pet portrait painting day......Christmas gifts that need to get done!

No comments:

Post a Comment