6.6.11

Here's a quote from a comment left in my last post......
"I think things don't go as they should for you because you are a bit too pesimistic.... and focusing on hardships instead of opportunities.I am no fortune teller, but I think a change in attitude would manifest itself also in the financial side. By the way, have you ever given feng shui symbols a thought for promoting wealth and prosperity? Try paint some Koi Fish. They say they are a powerful symbol in promoting the above mentioned. Good luck."
This is not the first time my attitude has been brought up by folks online, and comments like that really do make you think. My first instinct was to defend my pessimism.....how crazy does that sound.
pessimism |ˈpesəˌmizəm|
noun
a tendency to see the worst aspect of things or believe that the worst will happen; a lack of hope or confidence in the future : the dispute cast an air of deep pessimism over the future of the peace talks.
• Philosophy a belief that this world is as bad as it could be or that evil will ultimately prevail over good.
That's pretty strong stuff and I have to say that just doesn't ring true to who I am. I'm a great believer in hope and how it can carry you through. But I'm also a realist and when things aren't going well I feel it, I live it, and I share it......its part of life. And right now I'm not a very happy person (although I'm optimistic that will change ;-) and I'm not a cover it up with daisies and smiley faces kind of girl.
I'll tell you what I will do.......I don't really feel like painting koi fish, but I'll put a picture in the side bar of some Koi fish that I painted a couple of years ago and see if that helps to bring more wealth and prosperity. I promise to post the news here first if it does.

No comments:

Post a Comment