15.10.12

As you will see below I've gotten a few more ACEO paintings done and now I'm turning my focus to printing.  I now have a total of 50 ACEO paintings and its time to think about doing some limited edition prints.  I have virtually no experience with printing companies so I'm doing some test runs.  First I have to tell you there are not that many printing services that offer printing of ACEO cards but I found two that I'm going to try first.
The first option and the one that offers the most options is iprintfromhome.com and the fact that they do (offer several options) sort of earned my trust, so I gave them three of my images to turn into giclee prints.  You have a choice of what you want them printed on and I chose somerset velvet (I had to look up what that was due to my lack of experience) and I ordered one sheet of each image.  Each sheet contains eight prints and each sheet was $10.....a $30 order gets you free shipping :-)  They also offer 'regular' prints eight on a sheet for just $2.
Then there was a site called artcardswanted.com .  They offer prints on kodak paper with only four images per sheet, but you can also order cards printed on both sides (more $) or a bulk order of 500 cards printed on both sides.  I also ordered three sheets from them because they have a minimum order of $5 and each sheet was $1.60.
So obviously the first option was the better deal, but quality is also important so I want to check out as many places as possible. 
I'll post pictures and a review when they arrive.

No comments:

Post a Comment