24.6.08

Staying Focused

Just when I thought the difficult decisions were behind me, I'm presented with another.
This morning I awoke to a most wonderful letter from yet another B&B Inn. I must have read it ten times, it was way too good to be true....an ideal location with "a thriving artist community", beautiful Victorian property, close enough to my family, and from what I can tell so far, a warm and friendly staff.
OK, so I guess this decision wouldn't be all that difficult to make.....lol.

Could it really be true that what you focus on is what you get?

Some of you may remember my adventure with Gladys a few years ago, or maybe more accurately, my lack of adventure with Gladys (giggle:-)

My 21' class C home on wheels, Gladys. I got it into my head I was going to paint my way across the country. I had virtually no money, not the greatest credit score, and no idea how this was going to work. I started going to RV shows. I went to dealers and scanned their lots, not even sure what I was looking for and I admit feeling quite the phony knowing I had no money. But then that one special day.......there she was, sitting in the middle of the lot and it was like one of those slow motion scenes as I walked up to her.........I just knew she was mine. I walked inside her and despite her hideous early 1990's dusty rose pink everything interior, I could see her true hidden beauty.........lol.

After an exhaustive search for someone who would take a chance and lend me money, the deal was done and she indeed was mine. Now the real work begins. I totally redid her interior.

What a fun time! I love tools almost as much as a paint brush!

Long story short, I was on the road for about two months and found it not quite so easy to find work painting murals as I thought it would be. At one point I was painting window screens similar to the top foto (my apartment windows) but for RV windows.



Portrait of Ruthie's Pets

I remember sitting in the doorway of Gladys watching this baby bird for at least twenty minutes while it mustered up the courage to fly. I knew exactly how it felt.


My point though is that I didn't know how it was going to happen but I knew I was going to have an RV and hit the road.
And so I did.

Come to think of it, thats just how my mural art career started. I actually began painting on furniture.....



and I remember so clearly walking into the little shop where I would sell pieces and saying to the owner....."I'm going to paint murals, I don't know why I know that, I just do".
And so I did.

No comments:

Post a Comment