23.12.08

19 DEGREES OUTSIDE WHAT BETTER TO DO

19! Last winter was my first winter back in Philly after 20yrs, but I'm sure it was a lot milder than this.....19 degrees is a little rough, especially just getting back from 80 degrees just a couple of weeks ago......brrrrrrr.
Anyway, what better to do with my time, cozy up to the computer with a hot cup of coffee and check out some videos.
I got an email this morning...a 'friend' invite from YouTube.....hello, Barbara.
I want to post a couple of her videos here for you aspiring faux artists. I use to spend a lot of time on art forums and she addresses a couple of things that seem to be a recurring concern for some artists. I particularly like the 'stair' one. The scaffold ones still make me nervous, I'd want something up there to fill in the space between the planks, but she does have a way of making you feel more comfortable about getting up there. I'd also like to add a bit of advice.... I like to drape drop cloths (or whatever) on the railings around the top (I always have railings) to give a sense of enclosure.... it blocks most of the view of the floor below and makes me feel a lot more secure.
Warning: Barbara's a bit ummm.......bubbly :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment