30.12.08

On The Road Again!

Finally the deposit check is in the bank and its back on the road in the morning......back to Florida to do some work, two restaurants and some tweaks to the elevator murals at Frank McKinney's latest project.
Pretty sure most of you are familiar with the concept of 'daily painters', but for those who may not be here's a link. I keep this site bookmarked and return to it often to see the latest works. One of my favorite artists on this site is John K Harrell. Here are a few favorites from his gallery. Keep in mind these are very small paintings 6"x6" or 5"x7".
I feel very inspired to maybe try this, even if I can't be as good as these folks. It seems it would be a great exercise in discipline (painting every day), something I could use. I'm embarrassed to say that when I'm not getting paid to paint, I lose interest in my art quickly......thats terrible. I'm not one for New Year's resolutions, but this year I want to be a better artist....that will be my focus.

No comments:

Post a Comment