16.12.08

Seasonal Lull

Once again I sit in total silence hearing the imagined sounds of crickets. It's the expected, predictable, seasonal lull.......everyone's focus on the holidays, mine included.
Right along with any prospective clients that might be out there, I have little interest in painting right now, choosing instead to concentrate more on family oriented projects like baking our traditional Christmas treat.....Snappy Turtle Cookies. I'm not sure how they were chosen to be the holiday favorite, I just know I looked forward to mom baking them every year.
I did an image search online for the above photo (much prettier than mine :-) and I don't use the nuts). I also found an article about the creator of the Snappy Turtle Cookie, along with the recipe (click to enlarge).
I don't often eat sweets, but make an exception for these delicious little morsels every year, they're like little cakes with chocolate frosting. Make sure you have a tall glass of cold milk handy.

No comments:

Post a Comment