26.4.09

Fortunately, the client has asked me to do another mural for them because that will give me the opportunity to go back and do about another hours work on this mural.....I FORGOT TO DO THE HARDWARE! It was after three and I was out of steam, the family was gathering around and I was loosing focus. I packed my things, took a final look and realized I'd forgotten to add the hardware....hinges, latches, etc. I'd also like to add a few more nails in the boards that make up the wall, and maybe some diagonal pieces of wood on the top doors to better match the style of the bottom doors? I wanted the outside of the doors to be different that the inside, but I still think they should be added. The client will be deciding whether to add any trompe l'oeil tools or to just hang real objects on the artwork.
First things first...the canvas is put into place.....

This child's playroom is just part of the finished basement. There is also a great family space/den/office/bar.......not sure how to describe it, but you could fit my entire apartment in it probably three times. Its beautifully done, lots of texture, stone work, very warm and inviting.
This is the wall where they are thinking about having a mural done, its in the bar area. Notice the ceiling?......it is texture wallpaper that resembles a pressed tin ceiling finished with a 'copper' paint technique.
The client would like a woodland scene, the husband is an avid sportsman. This will be another project done on canvas. With the amount of detail that will go into it, working on it at home (aka my studio) is best....the client also lives about an hour away, so it will save on commute/travel expenses....this will not be a one day job.

No comments:

Post a Comment