30.12.09

Had to finish this

Had to finish this painting, its been hanging on the wall too long. My inability to focus on one project for too long had me finishing this off quickly. There's no way I wanted to paint all the detail that this fish has, so I faded it back and use sea grass to conceal most of the fish.......the cowardly way out I know....I would have muddled through if it had been a commissioned piece, but it was just a study.
The last time you saw it, it looked like this
And finished.....
There's promise of work coming in mid January...some porthole scenes for a kids room and a Tuscan mural in a model home. I CAN'T WAIT!! I also heard from another department head at the Hospital of The University of Pennsylvania who would love for me to come up and do something in her department......she's checking into it.....I'd love that, it was my favorite place to work. Fingers crossed.
Nothing new to report on the new studio, still waiting for the holidays to end so I can have everybody's attention and get a meeting set up. Meanwhile the schedule for my classes still stand and I'm really looking forward to teaching again. Remember to schedule early if you're interested in the beginner mural classes cause I'm only taking five students at a time.

No comments:

Post a Comment