22.5.10

Because work has been so steady the last few weeks I decided to treat myself. I have a couple of favorite daily painters online and I decided to purchase my first painting from one of them. I've been anxiously awaiting its arrival and it came today....so exciting. When I first saw it I didn't think it was the one I purchased. I went online to look up the painting on his blog and yes, there it was, but it looked so different....'it' was what I ordered.....bright, sunny, you almost wanted to squint your eyes from the glare of the sun, you could almost feel the warmth of the sun.
The painting I received??.......darker, more moody, it did not evoke the same feeling when I looked at it. Obviously a lesson has been learned here......I won't be buying more paintings online where images can be adjusted and tweaked. That was disappointing....still a lovely painting, but doesn't give me the feeling that I was waiting for.
Got started on the Pooh room today. I honestly thought it would take just a day, after all they didn't want any characters painted, just the background, but honestly trying to paint in someone else's style just throws me off........I'm back there again tomorrow, you can see its still in a pretty rough stage. The owners made the sculpted tree, very cute.....I'll be adding some branches to it tomorrow. A swing hangs from the chains (that are tucked up out of the way) with some stuff pooh dolls in it.

No comments:

Post a Comment