16.1.11

Well, as perfectly as the buffet would have gone with the table and chairs, the buyers of the table and chairs showed no interest in purchasing it :-(
Hopefully soon it will become someone else's special find.
I've been doing a lot of thinking the past few days, spurred on by my last few trips to my often talked about favorite thrift shop....its starting to become my not so favorite thrift shop and that makes me kind of sad. I'm sure I've mentioned in the past how its become 'thee' place for dealers/pickers to hang out, making it nearly impossible to take back to the shop any bargains that I used to be able to find there. I just don't have it in me to join the ring of people that forms around the trucks trying to lay claim to items before the poor workers can even get them to the sales floor. I was so frustrated last week by the negative atmosphere this aggressive behavior has created that I sat down and wrote a letter to the directors suggesting small changes that could be made to make this a more 'fair to all' place to shop. I just needed to say something.
Anyway, dealing with the reality of it and the likelihood that things will remain the same, I realize I need to make some changes.........but what? This is where the days of thinking comes in, and I haven't come up with anything yet.
I started going through pictures of my old work looking for inspiration. I came across some pictures of some folding screens I used to make.......probably fifteen years ago now.....they were such fun to make. I'm sure I've shared with you before how next to painting, I love working with tools.
I hardly remember when I lived at the address on the picture, but I remember it was a one room efficiency apt.
What a mess I would make in that small space.
I used to call these my cookie cutter screens because I used cookie cutters to trace the design onto the wood before I cut them out.
Then this one was made out of bi-fold doors....
Then I started making these little side tables..........
I've probably posted these things before, and I'm really not sure I should be revisiting these as a solution to my situation.......remember all the little foot stools I made a couple of months ago?........thinking they'd be an easy sell? Not one has sold.
I'm going to spend this morning looking at tons of blogs I've saved as favorites and look for some outside inspiration. I need to learn to think/see outside of the(my:) box.

Oh.........and I'll be finishing up the giveaway winner's pet portrait. I got it started yesterday and its nearly finished.

No comments:

Post a Comment