30.1.12

New Toys

OK.......the tablet came today and I think I have mixed feelings about it. I'm going to give it a couple more days, check out some apps and see if it will work in my life.
I can tell you what I think so far. I could only find two reviews of this particular model (Maylong Mobile m-290) on Youtube.......well one really, the other sounded more like a sales pitch. So the one guy said he thought it felt cheap and I didn't think so at all, after hearing his review I was pleasantly surprised when I opened the box. I thought it booted up quickly enough and the images are nice and bright and clear. There are some issues though....when I tried to sign up for Netflix using the installed app, I could only get so far before the screen froze. Fortunately I had seen that review so I knew to use the reset button......then each time I tried to use the Netflix app to try again it would freeze. Ironically if I just used the browser to go to Netflix I had no problem staying on the site......I haven't try watching anything yet though, so we'll see how that works. I tried watching a Youtube video and that worked fine. The only other problem I noticed so far is that the gyro thing-y gets stuck sometimes. I'm still learning about this so I'm not going to judge too harshly until I'm sure its not something I may be doing wrong.
The puzzle I ordered also came today. Packaging left a little to be desired.
I was a little surprised to see the puzzle just lying inside the envelope without any wrapping on it, but it wasn't damaged in anyway. And look......a cute little box came with it.
I'm not quite sure the puzzles going to fit in it though.........they wouldn't send the box if it didn't...right? Only one way too find out.
OK.....camera battery dead. All the pieces fit in the box. I think I'll try another puzzle making option in the future, these pieces are really thin and some bits of paper tore off the back when trying to unhook the pieces. This one was ordered through Walmart.

No comments:

Post a Comment