11.2.12

Adjusting To Curve Balls

Yesterday I stopped at the local mechanic here in Tuxedo to have them check out my car, the oil leak seems to be getting worse. I first took it back to where I had my oil changed about six weeks ago because the leaking has been going on for about that long. I wanted to make sure it wasn't the filter or plug that was leaking.......good news it wasn't ......... bad news it wasn't. The mechanics seemed to think it was coming from the seal between the engine and transmission, they referred me to someone else. I had to figure out how to get my car to another mechanic miles away and get myself back to the house.....and I did. So Monday morning I'll drive my car to the mechanic recommended by the handyman working here in the house just for a diagnosis and when I schedule the work to be done I'll drop it off and the handyman will pick me up on his way here to the house. That solved but a new problem created.........the mechanic said if the problem is what the first mechanic suggested, its going to cost me around $600, that would be my 'buying furniture for the new apartment' money. I'm too old to think I can handle sitting and sleeping on the floor until.... so now what?
Well, Craigslist of course!! I found some great 'projects' in the free section and hopefully when I'm ready to move in there will be more to find. Damn, this couch would have been perfect!
Free sofa bed anyone?.......
How bout a dining table.......
or this one..........
Some chairs to go with it perhaps...........
How bout a desk for that little nook outside the kitchen..........
a funky wardrobe for the huge walk in closet (or to refurbish and sell ;)......
Even a free working TV.........
A chest of drawers and a cute little side table.........
Well.........you get my drift. Now I just need to find someone with a truck and some free time!

Here's how the portrait is coming along so far in its very early stages.

No comments:

Post a Comment