15.6.13

I've really gotten bad at posting lately so lets catch up.  First these three ACEO paintings just sold on ebay....yeh!
And I'm waiting for a check for the paintings I've done so far for the two restaurants in Florida.  I'm also unfortunately on hold for future works until an agreement is reached between the business owner and the property owner....I really hope this doesn't fall through.
I know its been two years since I left Florida but I still haven't changed my license or car registration, being able to renew things online has made it easy to ignore, but now my registration expires at the end of this month so I'm trying to get all my ducks in a row.  I went to a drivers license center the other day to transfer my license to a PA one and although I don't have to take a written or driving test I did have to take a vision one........and I failed :-(  Just another reminder I'm getting old.  So I'm given a form to take to a Dr to get an eye exam and I call Walmart believing they'd be the least expensive place to have it done.  I called first and asked if they had just a price for the exam itself and was told no, it would be $49 for the exam and glasses.  OK, sounds reasonable right?  Long story short I get there, go through the whole process, only to find out its $49 for the exam, $49 for the glasses, frames start at $9 and an extra $10 to fill out the form for the drivers license place.....that was a sad surprise.   Even so I had to laugh when I was told the glasses would be $49 and the frames would be extra,  I wanted to ask her if I could just buy the 'glasses' and tape em to my face!........it seemed so silly to me that $49 glasses wouldn't come with frames........I'm new at this buying prescription glasses thing obviously.
So that expense out of the way now I have to wait for the glasses to come in (a week to ten days) before I can go back to the drivers license center.  Then I get to pay for new registration, new tags, inspection, emissions test.........I think it would have been cheaper just to move back to Florida!
Oh........and on my way home from the eye doctors, my check engine light came on......damn.  Hope that check arrives in the mail soon.
Nothing else to report, I've been trying to paint today but its just not happening and if I'm not feeling it the work just suffers so I'll see what tomorrow brings.
Oh and here's something I learned at the eye doctors......I have dry eyes.....who knew, not me.  But when I was taking the tests, trying to read the letters and complained they were blurry she told me to blink a couple of times and just for a second or two I could see the letters better (because blinking wet the surface of my eyes).....I was fascinated by that.  She told me if I used drops a couple of times a day it might even improve my sight a little.  If I had known this before I probably could have blinked my way through the vision test at the drivers license center and saved all that money.   Still my vision is a little off so it'll be interesting to see how glasses (not bought at the Dollar Store) work for me.
Have a great weekend everybody :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment