26.9.13

I've been down with a nasty cold that seems to be hitting everyone and because of that I've missed a couple of work days........not good for the already struggling self employed.  
I have managed though to at least get started on the silly animal paintings that were commissioned from my decorator friend in Florida who's opening a new restaurant.
Make the girls sexy were my instructions and I find this really difficult.  I'd much rather be painting a still life than silly animals but I guess its good to step out of your comfort zone now and then.  I'm still putting some finishing touches on her.  I still have a monkey, giraffe, hippo and zebra to go, then a larger painting with a monkey couple.
You can see I've relisted some small paintings on ebay and have started with lower starting bids hoping to get things moving.....my new car fund is not growing :-(
I got a couple of books that I was able to read while trying to recover from this cold......Craft Business Power by Jason and Cinnamon Miles......its about starting an online business and there's a lot of focus on ebay.  The other book is called Etsypreneurship and deals with Etsy (of course) and is really about the 'business' of starting a business, taxes, business plans, marketing etc.  Both pretty quick reads but I'm not sure there was anything in them that I didn't already know, it seems to me the most important thing about trying to sell online is consistency and reaching out via social networking, and those are the things I need to get better at.

No comments:

Post a Comment