2.9.13

So I just signed up with DAILYPAINTWORKS.com and we'll see how it goes.  What I like about it is that you can either auction through them or link to your ebay auctions and since I have three paintings listed on ebay already I was able to just link to them. 
I'm trying to decide whether to relist them (if not sold) on ebay or just use the DPW auction.  I feel like listing on ebay where some people already know to look for me will give me double exposure, but at the same time I'd like to increase my starting bids and the higher price may be more acceptable to the DPW audience.....still, extra exposure is a good thing.  I'm also going to wean myself away from the tiny (2.5"x3.5") ACEO paintings and start painting a bit larger.
Its $12.95 a month to 'join' DPW and just a 3% commission on (their) auction sales, listing is free and I believe there is no commission taken on straight sales.  Once I get an idea of what buyers are willing to pay for my work I can switch to straight sales.

No comments:

Post a Comment