2.10.13

I noticed the other day a fellow artist had posted some information on facebook about the camera lucida.  I unfortunately at the time didn't take the time to read it, if I had I would have saved myself some delay in discovering this...an iphone/ipad app that acts like a camera lucida!
What happened instead was I got a call yesterday regarding an ad I had placed on Craigslist selling a projector that I never use anymore.  And while I was retrieving that from the closet I saw my stored away camera lucida and decided to pull it out and play around with it.
I went online to the makers website to see about replacing one of the two mirrors that are in the head....something sticky got on the outer most half silvered mirror and I can't get it off for the life of me.  I discovered they didn't offer mirror replacements but they do sell replacement heads for $60+, not bad when the complete camera lucida is around $200.  Anyway while I was googling for information is when I saw the iphone app for $4.99.  I swear sometimes I feel like I've been living under a rock!  I downloaded the app and of course couldn't figure out how to use it so I had to do a bit more googling and found some info here......


No comments:

Post a Comment