2.10.08

Oiy Vey

Have I ever mentioned how much I dislike doing perspective work? OK, its not really that bad, but I seem to be doing scenes lately that involve having to tweak the perspective to make it work from different viewpoints. I started a street scene today, and the situation is this......its another tight spot where you either walk by it, or............you see it reflected in a mirror.
Behind me as I take this photo is a mirror that goes the length of the wall and hair styling chairs. I'll take a picture of that tomorrow. So I'm thinking that this mural is really being seen from a sitting position more than a standing one but not exclusively, so I'm trying to tweak some of the perspective to make it work in both situations...........challenging. I'm working with a lot of different inspiration pictures that show the same scene but from different perspectives. Wish I had enough room to use my projector :-( The space is only about 8' wide.
I had to prime out that center area to cover a mural that had been started by someone else.
I want to start painting tomorrow, things seem to develop easier for me when I'm painting.

No comments:

Post a Comment