31.1.09

With Florida Behind Me

It feels so good to be home. Not sure I'm up to doing that again any time soon, if ever. Instead I think I'll put my focus on 'here'.
That said, at the moment there are no job prospects here, and that's worrisome since I am my only source of income. So I'm considering doing some more DVD instruction.......I'd love some input on that from you......ideas? suggestions? making them better? themes?
A couple of months ago I took the Tropical DVD and began adding to it.
I added this seagull at the bottom and another bird in flight at the top. I've yet to edit the video having put it aside to work on other projects, so it'll be a week or so before this one is ready to release.
I'm also working on putting an Etsy shop together, thinking I'll move the sales of the DVD's over there. I'm also thinking of painting some things to sell through Etsy...... floor cloths, maybe some smaller hanging murals for kids?
I started playing around with small floor mat ideas a few years ago. I've had this one at my kitchen sink for a couple years now.....love it. You find yourself being careful not to step on kitty.
It actually inspired a custom order when I had a copy of it for sale on ebay. This client had five cats.....these are them.

Had some ideas for some fun place mats for pets too.
All of these and more (haven't forgotten the growth chart idea) will go up on the Etsy shop, along with maybe some DVD instruction on how to make them??? They will all be custom painted when ordered.....no printed copies.

No comments:

Post a Comment