9.9.10

Today was spent making the thrift shop rounds, picking up a few new pieces for the shop. The small chest will get the same treatment I give my full size ones, a white finish with a scene on the front. Love the little ballet silhouette and the old child's tea set. I'm also a fan of hammered aluminum and 'silver'ware.
I got this old piece for $10.....someone has already messed with the original finish and changed out the knobs (which I'll replace) so I won't feel guilty about painting it.
drawer joints
Yesterday I found two twin bed headboards and I was happy with just that, but then today I went back to the same place and there were the foot boards! I was so excited to find them and I love the slight curve in the foot board. They will both get painted white and distressed.....they'll be very sweet.
Found a sweet little bookcase for three bucks.
And finally four chairs for $12.
I also got some work done on a custom paint job on a bed for a client...should wrap that up tomorrow.
And finally, I started getting set up for my private student coming in from NC, class starts Monday......looking forward to it.
A good busy day :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment