8.11.08

My friend Linda (where I'm staying while working in Florida) is not only generous to her human friends ....... every morning she puts out a handful of cat food for a neighborhood stray...... little does she know where its really going. I caught this shot this morning.I finally started working on the sky yesterday and there's a reason I'm only showing part of it here......I'm probably going to redo it. To me its more reminiscent of a sunset than a sunrise(requested by the client), so I want to rework it a bit. I want it to be perfect. This is going in a 30 million dollar home folks, it needs to be perfect.
Its the weekend and I think I'm going to spend it thrift shopping, one of my favorite past times. Linda's boys are here plus one of their friends and since their computer games are in the room I'm painting in........ well, lets justs say its futile to try and work in there. Its ok though, its good to take a break from your work so you can see it with fresh eyes.

I saw something this morning that made me think more than twice, a quote by Degas. I'm always saying paint what you see, not what you think, and I do think thats true when you're learning to see shapes and colors etc.
But now I also believe this to be true....a quote from Degas:
"The artist does not draw what he sees, but what he must make others see." Edgar Degas
I love that!

No comments:

Post a Comment