29.5.09

Frugal Friday...the art of living on the cheap

I can't believe how bad things are......well, I guess I can, I'm living it. I'm really looking forward to the time when the economy turns around and folks can once again afford the special things in life...like hiring a muralist :-( I can't imagine what else I can cut from my life to make it easier. Keeping an open mind I started looking for ideas online. Here are a few things I stumbled on. My favorite I think is this one.. zenhabits.net
Check out the 10 things you can do today to simplify your life, 50 tips for frugal living, there's lots of good stuff here.
You can check out freecycle.org, see if there's a group in your area, I love free stuff! And of course there's the old standby Craigslist's free listings.
Got the sofa on Craigslist, it wasn't free but it was only $75. and its a sofabed. The pillows all came from a thriftshop....the curtains were free from a house my friend just bought, they were left by the previous owner and she didn't want em. The coffee table was free...someone left an old ikea computer table in my apartment when I moved in, and I took it apart, cut it down and made the table. Still looking for a good deal on a 'grown ups' chair. You can find thriftshops in your area here.... thethriftshopper.com . You can even shop Goodwill online!
Check out mygrocerydeals.com for sale items in stores near you, they have links to coupon sites as well so you can save even more.
Well, that should keep you busy...if anyone has some good tips or sites to share feel free to leave them in the comments area. I've got to get started on a canvas mural. This is the sketch of the project.
The portrait is finished and will get shipped on Monday.

No comments:

Post a Comment