2.7.11

I was up early today and as usual brought my coffee to where I start every day.....in front of the computer. I decided to search for 'ways to sell your paintings'. I'm not sure if that was a good idea or not. Right now I'm feeling like I should be sitting in a tiny child's chair in front of a tiny child's table with a coloring book and a box of crayons.
I tripped onto a 2006 article in USAtoday about daily painters. Useful information yes.....I learned of some art auction sites that I hadn't heard of before. But I also followed some links to look at the work of the subjects of the article. One in particular now has a new fan.............me!
I hope he, Julian Merrow-Smith, won't mind me sharing just a couple of his works here.
A self portrait (I'm assuming ) it was one of many...
Love this........
And this............
And this............
You have to go and look at this page that has every painting he's done since 2005....it blew me away. And scroll all the way down the page first (as he rightly suggests) where his earliest works are and watch as you scroll towards the top how his work progresses. I just found it amazing (and encouraging) to see how his work grew and improved over time......fascinating.
This painting (approximately 5"x 7") just sold at auction for $418......
Yes........I just let out a heavy sigh. Why do I torture myself...lol.


No comments:

Post a Comment