23.6.10

I'm starting this day with a big cheesy grin on my face :-) Just before closing up shop yesterday I got a call from someone who had been in earlier in the day (with a friend). She and her friend spent several minutes wandering the shop looking at pieces...measuring...speaking in whispers with a look of excitement, I was hopeful.
Her friend bought my favorite desk for her daughter...
and she, when she called, wanted to purchase my favorite dresser/mirror and put a deposit on yes, my favorite buffet......how exciting!
So yes again....this day will begin at the thrift shop. These were the three pieces that always got the most attention in the studio and now I'm feeling the pressure to create some more equally charming pieces. So today will be a search for pieces I can paint some more Florida scenes on.
Yesterday I got those dresser drawers cleaned up and painted, today I finish the body.
I was going to just paint the $5 coffee table black and distress, but now after painting the base/legs black (which I love how they look) I've decided to do a black and white graphic design on the top......all black would have been nice, but too common I think.
Here's hoping for another great day.

No comments:

Post a Comment