2.6.10

Ok.....another day of painting furniture......I have until June 22nd to get the pirates done, and this furniture really needs to get done.
This chest is done and ready for sale...
and I finished up the desk, I really like this desk......
The furniture collection is really starting to grow.......
I still have these pieces to do plus some you don't see here.
You can see the first buffet I bought a few weeks ago there on the left....it has its fresh coat of paint and I plan to age this one with stain and paint an old world sailing scene on the panels in the doors. Here's the buffet before......
I think I've decided to amass all my pieces and then promote and have a one weekend sale. Its impossible for me to keep regular hours at the studio (as a store) because of my mural work and I think I like the idea of having a once a month 'event' sale and becoming known for that. It would free me up to shop for and work on pieces instead of being tied to the shop not knowing if any customers would even come in that day. We'll see how it works out.
The price tags that I'm putting on the pieces are pictures of how they looked before. I think its a great idea to let people see how much work went into the piece, maybe it'll discourage them for asking for a reduced price.

No comments:

Post a Comment