7.7.24

February 26 2024 Head and Neck Cancer

Wondering where I've been?  It has been a crazy past 12 months, and not in a particularly good way. I lost two friends, one who lost her battle with cancer and another who lost her fight with copd.  And now? I have my own fight with head/neck cancer.  Sometime in late December 2023, early January I noticed the sudden (literally overnight) development of a large lump on my neck. After a series of doctor visits, blood work, xrays etc I was told I had cancer. Surgery and radiation treatments followed, then recovery time. Lots of follow up tests/exams will continue. A PET scan is scheduled for August. Along with all of that I lost half of my house cleaning clients, the work that supported me financially. The sales of my little bird paintings slowed, yet another disappointment.....Auuuuggghhh!! Picture me pulling my hair out!  I'm still feeling a bit lost trying to figure out how to deal with the future.  Still........I've gotten help/support from some really good people and even, at about to turn 73, I am still a fighter :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment